Playing Poker on Ultimate Bet

07:26 Gamblin Blogs 0 Comments

With the recent problems on Full Tilt cashing out payments properly, and PokerStars not being the only site that I want to play on, I have been going back and giving Ultimate Bet a try.
I have been playing on UB for a couple of years and never had any problems with them, in fact I have found their support to be exceptional. I have actually been able to talk with a live person the times I have had a question about depositing or whatever. And I didn't have to wait 2 days to do it! (Full Tilt take note!)
I guess the problem for me with playing poker on Ultimate Bet is that I really don't like the software.A� I find it tough to look at and just kind of 'blocky' and poorly done. I think it is getting better, but when you are talking about a site that you are going to be playing for 4 hours or 8 hours at a time, you want it to be at least halfway aesthetically pleasing.A� It also doesn't always seem to flow very well: you make a play and there is a delay and then a click. Or the cards deal out and then all of a sudden come fast or slow. It can be odd and can throw you off track a little bit.
However, on the good side, traffic is fairly decent. There are still 25,000 or so players on the site at most times, and the games are pretty good if you are a No Limit Holdem player. Like me, you might be disappointed if you play tournaments in games like Omaha, Razz, Stud, or HORSE, because you won't find any on Ultimate Bet. You can find cash games, but no tournaments in basically anything but Holdem.
Taken for what it is and not being concerned about what it is not, I think Ultimate Bet is a decent site. I think it is at least an option to get away from Full Tilt and for all of us to not be totally committed to the whims of PokerStars. I do not know if they are having any cash out troubles at this point, but I will be investigating and reporting back on this issue. Stay tuned.

0 comments: